Sunday, November 13, 2016

Piano Maestro's and Simply Piano's approach really helping me read music

Can't believe I haven't posted anything here for more than two weeks!

In a nutshell, it's because I've been enjoying the lessons from both Piano Maestro and Simply Piano so much, I didn't need the extra motivation to continue practicing.

(Early on in my search for piano learning apps, I encountered some guy's blog about learning to play the piano using some software, PlaygroundSessions if I remember correctly. He was informative, provided interesting thoughts from the point of view of an adult learner, and he posted something every time he practices. His blog entries lasted 2 or 3 weeks, then total silence. I don't want to be the guy who gave up.)

Where I'm at: after two and a half weeks of alternating between Piano Maestro and Simply Piano (five practice sessions a week, between 30 to 90 minutes per session), plus doing the sight-reading exercises using the iOS app Music Tutor (around 2 or 3 minutes a day), and I can now slowly read music on the grand staff. Just simple music, no accidentals, no key signatures, and limited to keys between the C on the 2nd space of the bass clef, to the C on the 3rd space of the treble clef.

Here's an example of what I can read (from Simply Piano app):


Tried recording myself playing it though, and I sound horrible, for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment