Thursday, September 22, 2016

Woot!... What am I doing here?

I taught myself how to play the guitar when I was in high school. This was from a time when the internet wasn't invented yet, so the only material wannabe-learners can get their hands on are those song books that you can buy at the music store.

That "phase" lasted a couple of years, and I never progressed beyond rookie level. Aside from that, I have zero knowledge or experience in music.

Fast forward two and a half decades - I decided that I want to learn the piano (together with my kids).

I'll try to document the journey here... (doubt anyone will find this obscure blog, so the only audience in mind is my future self, who, hopefully has gotten good at playing the piano)


Where I'm at...

I bought an 88-key keyboard around a week ago that had weighted keys.

My goal is to try and learn to play it using software to assist me, so I'll try out different piano-learning-applications and see what I like best.

First software I tried is the MacOS application GarageBand (pre-installed software).

Second are the free lessons on Skoove.com. Finished the free lessons already, but I still want to continue exploring.

Next thing I want to try are the lessons at PlaygroundSessions.com. There's no free demo, but the reviews and videos I've read/seen look promising. Let's see what I can achieve with a $17.99 1-month subscription...

No comments:

Post a Comment