Sunday, September 25, 2016

Resetting a Yamaha keyboard to factory settings

Noticed that the sensitivity setting on my keyboard is gone, or has been disabled. The softest, or hardest press just produces the same sound volume now. My kids have been messing with it, so maybe this is their doing?

Scanned the manual and I was able to turn sensitivity back on. However, if the kids accidentally changed this, then maybe they also changed some other thing that I still haven't noticed.

Didn't find anything from the manual how to reset the keyboard to default settings, so I tried searching for it. Luckily, Google led me to this post from a Deepak Morris.

The restore-to-factory-default steps are easy to remember, but I'll note it here:

- switch keyboard off
- while keeping rightmost white key (highest C) depressed,
- turn it back on, keeping C depressed about 10 more seconds

The red power LED on mine blinked for a second before going back to it's usual steady read light.

According to Deepak, this should work on most Yamaha keyboard. For those who have keyboards that can store recordings, this will probably wipe those out. But mine doesn't, so not one of my worries.

Thanks Deepak!


No comments:

Post a Comment