Friday, September 30, 2016

Keyboard stands...

Got a keyboard stand - then found out too late that they come in different heights!

The height of the keyboard's keys when placed in the new stand is so high, I'd need to add 4 or 5 inches worth of books on my chair just to get into the correct playing position. (the height of this stand, without the keyboard, is 26 inches; not adjustable)

Returned it the day after and I was charged a 5% restocking fee. Not knowing in advance about little details like keyboard-stand-height is definitely one of the downsides of not having a real teacher/mentor.

Tried going to other stores a few days after that, and I found one that looks and feels way more stable than the one I returned, has an adjustable height, and can be set to as low as 22 inches.

Best thing is, it has a second layer that serves as the perfect laptop stand. Here's what it looks like:



And here's a link to Amazon that contains the product's details: Gator Frameworks GFW-KEY-5100X - Heavy Duty 2-Tier

(the one I got was also $10 cheaper compared to Amazon's price, so yay!)

No comments:

Post a Comment