Wednesday, October 5, 2016

"Dangling" keyboard keys already?!... Oh wait...

I presently don't have enough room to permanently have my keyboard mounted in a ready-for-playing position. I store it in a semi-hard case, take out every time I want to practice, put it back in the case when I'm done, then store standing on it's side.

While I was taking it out the other night though, I noticed that the keys weren't aligned while it was still standing up.

After a brief moment of panic, I realised that since this thing has weighted keys, the other end of the keys must have counter-weights, and when positioned on it's side, the weights probably cancel each other, causing the "dangling".

And true enough, the keys went back to normal after I placed it in a horizontal and ready-to-play position

Tried Googling whether vertical storage is harmful or not, but it there seems to be no clear consensus on whether this is bad for the keyboard or not.

Our apartment's lease expires in seven weeks though, and we're planning on moving to a more spacious one. If that happens, then I should be able to permanently position the keyboard horizontally.

Guess I should hit the classifieds again, look for more leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment