Thursday, October 20, 2016

Not renewing my PlaygroundSessions Premium account

Last day of my 1-month PlaygroundSession Premium subscription. Almost completed all of the lessons on the Rookie Bootcamp. Not renewing.

It was good at first, because very early on you get a "hey I'm playing some notes that actually sound good" feeling. Makes you feel like you're actually "advancing".

A few weeks in though, I realized that I wasn't really learning, but mostly just imitating. Imitating where to place your fingers at the start of the piece, and imitating the instruction on which finger to play, and when.

Remove the fingering from the sheets, and you'll get lost.

I think that's PS's biggest weakness. Non-existent coverage of sight reading.

If your goal is to someday be able to read and perform sheet music, PlaygroundSessions will not get you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment